We all know Starbucks is the home of one of the worlds most popular Pumpkin Spice Lattes. However delicious they may taste, they are full of unnecessary extra sugar and fat… Why not make some at home! Avoid the calories, long wait and seeing your name spelt strangely. It is pumpkin season, so grab a whisk, a friend and make some delicious pumpkin spice lattee magic!
Better than STARBUCKS™ Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
This recipe fills two mugs. Printer version available below.
2 1/2 tablespoons of pumpkin purée (canned or homemade)
1 1/2 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
2 cups whole milk
1/4 cup of espresso
canned or homemade whipped cream
- Mix the pumpkin pie spice, black pepper and cinnamon in a small bowl. In a saucepan over medium heat, cook the pumpkin puree with 2 tablespoons of the spice mix until it is hot and smells cooked. Stir constantly.
- Add the sugar and stir until the mixture becomes bubbly and thick.
- Stir in the milk and vanilla extract. Heat and stir until about to boil.
- Put the heated mixture into a bowl or blender and whisk/blend until a frothy foam forms.
- Make the espresso and divide it between two mugs. Add the frothed mixture. Top your delicious pumpkin spice latte off with whipped cream and a sprinkle of the leftover spice mix.
To save time or as a variant, you can replace the espresso with chai tea.
eatrie offers specialty food products from around the world. Check out our marketplace!